torstai 6. kesäkuuta 2013

autumn 1532.

"For moment he too was shaken out of calmness. He caught my hand and roughly pulled me back to him. 'How you are feeling now is how I have been feeling for months,' he swore in a passionate undertone. 'How you are feeling now is how I have been feeling night and day since I first saw you, and I expect to go on feeling like this for rest of my life. Think about it. And you send for me. Send for me when you know that you cannot live without me.'
I twisted my hand out of his grip and I pulled myself away. I half-expect him to come after me but he did not. I walked  so slowly that if he had  as much as whispered my name I would have hear him, and turned. I walked away from him though my feet dragged at every step. I went through the archway to the castle door though every inch of my body was crying out to stay with him."
~Philippa Gregory: The other Boleyn girl~

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti